Pages

Sunday, June 24, 2012

All Blacks Cake


My friend asked me if I could make an All Blacks cake for her Brothers Birthday, so of course I said yes. I had look online at a lot of different designs and there were mostly shirt shaped cakes but thought it would be to large of a cake for a family dinner so decided on this design, a round shirt cake.
I used Satin Ice black fondant which is a wonderful product and used Pettinice white fondant for the fern and letters. The Cake under the fondant is by far the best Chocolate cake I have ever tasted and is now my go to chocolate cake recipe. Thanks to Esme from New Zealands Hottest Home Baker for sharing it with me.




Chocolate Mud cake
Recipe from Chelsea

1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 cup milk
1/2 cup oil
250g dark chocolate, broken up or roughly chopped
1 cup hot strong coffee, can be strong instant
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup White Sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
2 eggs

Preheat oven to 180°C. Line the base of a 22 - 23 cm spring-form tin with non-stick baking paper and spray with non-stick baking spray.
Mix the lemon juice with the milk and set aside for it to sour the milk.
Place oil, chocolate and hot coffee in a microwave bowl or small saucepan and heat gently, stirring often, until chocolate is melted and the mixture smooth. Cool.

In a large bowl, mix the flour baking soda, baking powder, sugar and cocoa.
Mix the eggs and soured milk into the cooled chocolate mixture, combine thoroughly, and then whisk into the dry ingredients.

Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 1 hour. When tested, fudgy crumbs will still adhere to a skewer. This is the desirable sticky mud cake consistency. Cool for 15 minutes in the tin, then turn out and cool further on a wire rack.


1 comment:

  1. This looks so good! I've never used Satin Ice black but it looks good.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...