This is a cake I made for Millies 60th Birthday, Shes a hardcore Northcote Tigers Supporter. Its a chocolate cake and cupcakes covered in buttercream Icing.
1 cup sugar
1 cup milk
1 cup oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup dark cocoa powder
Milk as required
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs and sugar until creamy and light in colour.
2. Add milk and oil and continue beating till well blended.
3. Add vanilla. Gradually add flour and then beat until the batter is smooth.
4. Divide mixture into 2 equal portions. Keep one portion plain.
5. Add cocoa powder to the other and mix well. Add enough milk to thin out the batter to the consistency of the plain portion.
6. Preheat oven to 180C. Scoop a ladle of plain batter into the middle of the baking pan.
7. Then scoop a ladle of the cocoa batter and pour it in the centre on top of the plain batter. Continue this way until the batters are finished. The more you "layer" them, the more stripes you will get in the finished cake.