Pages

Sunday, July 22, 2012

21st Birthday Cake


I made this cake for two of my friends 21st Birthdays. They wanted to have them both on the cake, one doing the Pukana and the other was suppose to be hanging up the washing but I found it really hard to make the figures standing up so I made her sitting down by the washing line with a bunch of book. I think it turned out really great but will make sure I use a better glue next time cause the heads and eyes were starting to fall off at the end of the night. I doubled my Chocolate Cake Recipe for the cake then covered it in my Favourite Ganache recipe from Planet Cake.

Chocolate Ganache
Adapted From Planet Cake.

300g Nestle Dark Chocolate
150mls Cream

Place chocolate and cream in a bowl and melt in the microwave for 1 minute stir then place back in the microwave again for 30 seconds until chocolate has melted. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes or until firm and cooled. Once cooled its ready to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...