Pages

Monday, July 30, 2012

Coconut Cupcakes



I had a Lunch with my girlfriends this weekend and I was asked to bring cupcakes, so I made Coconut cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. I used Planet cakes vanilla cupcake recipe and added coconut essence instead of vanilla extract. For the cream cheese frosting I piped it on using a large round piping tip then dipped the cupcake in a bowl of shredded coconut. I got the idea for these cupcakes from your cup of cake she has some yummy recipes you must check out.



Coconut Cupcakes Recipe
Adapted from Planet Cake

Makes: 12
175g Butter, softened
3/4 cup caster sugar ( I used granulated, and worked out fine)
1/2 tsp Coconut Essence
2 eggs, at room temperature
3/4 cup self-raising flour
1 cup plain flour
2/3 cup buttermilk ( I used regular milk and added 1 tbsp white vinegar or 1 tbsp Lemon juice)

Preheat oven to 180.c. Line muffin tin with paper cases.
Cream butter, sugar and coconut essence until fluffy. Beat eggs into butter one at a time. Add half flour and half buttermilk, and mix on low. Mix in remaining flours and buttermilk. Divide the mixture among paper cases. Gently smooth tops. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden and cooked when tested with a skewer. Allow cupcakes to cool before frosting.

Coconut Cream Frosting
Recipe source Your cup of cake

113g butter softened
250g cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 tsp coconut extract
4-5 cups icing sugar
Shredded coconut to decorate.

Beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add coconut essence and then slowly add icing sugar until you reach desired consistency.
Pipe onto cupcakes then roll into a bowl of shredded coconut to decorate.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...