Hope you are all having a nice break over the long weekend.
Recipe source: Cannella vita
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 ¼ tsp cinnamon
½ cup (113g) butter, softened
1/3 cup brown sugar
¾ tsp ground cinnamon
¾ cup (170g) butter, softened
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
½ cup white sugar
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
1/3 cup buttermilk (yoghurt works too)
1/3 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 325F (165C).
2. Make topping by combining the flour with the brown sugar and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Mix in the softened butter and use your hands to combine until the mixture is crumbly and has the consistency of moist sand.
3. Make the cinnamon sugar that will go in the middle of the cake by combining the light brown sugar with the cinnamon in a small bowl.
4. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars with an electric mixer for 1 minute. Add the eggs, oil and vanilla and mix until fluffy. Add the buttermilk and milk and mix well.
5. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Combine this dry mixture with the wet mixture and mix well.
6. Spoon half the mixture in a 9 x 13 inch greased, floured baking pan ( I baked mine in a silicone cake ring). Sprinkle cinnamon sugar over the batter and pat it down into the batter. Spread the rest of the batter over the cinnamon-sugar.
7. Sprinkle on the crumb topping evenly over the batter.
8. Bake for 50-55 minutes or until the edges just begin to turn light brown. Cool and slice into 12 pieces.