Pages

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Mini Doughnuts


I bought a doughnut maker today for $15 from our local Salvation Army (love that place) and had to try it out straight away. My family were all coming over for dinner so I thought they would be great for dessert. I found a great recipe over at Moscato Moms blog. The recipe was pretty easy to make throw everything in a bowl mix it up, put spoonfuls of batter in the the heated up doughnut maker and you have doughnuts in no loner then 5mins. They turned out soft and fluffy, I cant wait to try Cinnamon and sugar ones Yum! 
I doubled this recipe to feed all my family.




Doughnut Mixture

 1 1/3 c all-purpose flour
1/3 c sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 c milk
1/4 c vegetable oil
1/4 c sour cream
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla


Mix all ingredients and spoon into your Doughnut maker. Fill each ring about half full as the batter will rise.  Bake 4-5 minutes until cooked.  Pop them out to cool, them dip in chocolate and top with sprinkles.

Chocolate Icing

375g Nestle Dark Chocolate Melts (you will have quite abit left over if not doubling doughnut recipe)
1 tbls shortening.

Melt in microwave until all the chocolate is melted.



Why not try making Doughnut Pops, they would be great for your next special occasion.

Happy Baking.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...